The three biggest things that impact your auto insurance premiums are the type of vehicle you drive, your driving record, and your credit history. To help reduce your premiums:
- Increase your deductible—even a change from a $100 deductible to $500 can make a big difference in your premiums, often as much as 30%.
- Make certain you have the right coverage for your driving needs. If your car is paid for, you may not need as much coverage. North Carolina only requires liability coverage; make sure you have the right amounts.
- If you pay in full semi-annually or annually, ask us for a rate check.
- Bundle your insurance—you may be eligible for a discounted rate when you purchase both your vehicle insurance and your homeowners/renters insurance from the same insurer.
- Maintain good credit—there are many agencies that will help you to review your credit report and show you ways to improve your score. The higher your credit score, the better your vehicle insurance rates.